Trades Training are offered all across B.C., but there are opportunities here in Prince Rupert and the Northwest.
There are always foundations trades programs offered in Prince Rupert, and the offering changes yearly. Please contact Northwest Community College for more information on future programs and apprenticeship levels offered or see the District Career Teacher at Charles Hays Secondary School.
Here are the different programs, foundations and apprenticeship levels usually offered by Northwest Community College in the region:
- Automotive Service Technician (Program Profile)
- Carpentry (Program Profile)
- Electrical (Program Profile for Construction or Industrial)
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Program Profile)
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Program Profile)
- Professional Cook (Program Profile)
- Welding (Program Profile)
There are more than 100 recognized trades in B.C. offered in different institutions, of which 50 can lead you to a Red Seal.
You can find more information about the different trades programs offered in B.C. on the Industry Training Authority’s website:
You can find when and where a program is provided on the Trades Training BC’s website: